Friday, July 17, 2015

Our Wedding Day {July 10th, 2015}

(This will be updated when we get the pictures back!)

This was by far the best day of our lives so far. I can say that because Jose told me it was his and it was definitely mine. It all started out with a brunch in the morning for just our families. It began a bit late and was missing a lot of family because Jose’s cousin had a medical emergency and had to go to the hospital (she ended up being okay). Even after that late start, we enjoyed a nice breakfast and each of our dads gave a little speech, with Jose translating for both families. It was a nice start to the day and gave everyone a chance to be on time to our sealing.

Jose and I went to the temple together, and were sealed to each other for all eternity just after 1:00. I cannot express how incredible I felt during that temple ceremony. The spirit and the love was so strong I could not stop smiling. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for the plan he has laid out for us; the plan that allows us the opportunity to be together forever as a family. I am also grateful that Jose is a worthy priesthood holder who was worthy to enter the temple and make those covenants with me.

That night we had a party I will never forget! We had tons of food, family, friends, and dancing! I was almost overwhelmed with the amount of people who showed up to celebrate with us. We had a blast visit friends and family, and there were a few guests that were extra special. People we hadn’t seen in a while. Like for me, it was my Uncle Theron, Aunt Jen, and Uncle Gary, and my grandma Adele. They each traveled a long way to be there. I wish I had more time to visit each of them, but I was so happy to see them there. For Jose, there was a lot of family that flew in from New York and I know he was so happy to have them there, but also his mission president made a surprise appearance. That meant a lot to Jose to have President and Sister Palmer come see us.

Thanks to everyone who came, and especially those who traveled a long way to be there. We love and appreciate everyone who came to celebrate with us! Thank you for being a part of our best day!

No comments:

Post a Comment