Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A {new} chapter

This past week has been HARD. A week ago I said goodbye to my 1 1/2 year old puppy, Korah. She had passed away in Jose's arms within hours of me waking up and heading out on errands. It was completely unexpected. My only saving grace was that Jose held her as she left this world. It could have happened in so many different ways, but this way I didn't have to be there. I didn't have to see it. I can only thank Heavenly Father for that. I know that I would not have been able to handle it.

Since then I have grieved, and celebrated her life. I found several ways to honor her, and so many daily tasks that remind me of her. It's been really tough living in this apartment without a puppy though. I've had moments that I am totally fine, and others where I break down because there is no puppy to cuddle with and love until Jose comes home.

A few weeks ago Jose and I had talked about getting another dog. A border collie. We had emailed a few people and started looking at the finances for one. Once this happened, I thought it would be put on hold until at least November. But I have felt such an absence in my life that we hopped online a few days ago "just to look". We found the girl that would be our new puppy.

It's not that I am trying to replace Korah. I will always remember her. I just need my daily antidepressant cuddles from a puppy. And when you see this girl you will understand why I feel we couldn't wait for a different pup.


No comments:

Post a Comment