Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Halloween {Weekend}

My family has never really been into Halloween. I always liked the idea of dressing up in costumes, and having parties. So this year, Jose and I decided to throw a Halloween movie night with friends. So on the 30th, we had friends over to watch "Wait Until Dark". No one had seen it but me, and so I did have some fun with one jump scare. I made some extra special treats, including drinks. One was a "Witch's Brew"- lime sherbet with Mountain Dew, and the other was "Vampire's Blood"- cherry 7UP with red food dye to make it more blood-like. It was a fun evening but I forgot to take pictures. 

Then on the 31st, Halloween, we went Trick-or-Treating with the Oliver kids (our nieces and nephew). Jose took Sky and I was stationed with the second youngest who, about halfway through, got too much of a headache to keep walking and she took the youngest's stroller. So then Snow White and I walked a long way collecting candy. The older kids were plowing on when sweet Snow looked at me and said, "I'm done" and refused to continue. So Jose and I walked her home while the other kids finished. It was a different experience for me, as I have never taken a child Trick-or-Treating, but I LOVED it! I had so much fun! 

On Monday the 1st, we celebrated Dia de los Muertos with the McBrides. We invited them over to watch the Book of Life and enjoy some popcorn and sherbet floats. The girls told us all about their Halloween with their cousins. It was another fun evening! 

We had so much fun this weekend! We loved spending time with our friends and family this Halloween weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment